Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: HD-Max repairs
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2016, 04:17 AM   #1
gauthig

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37KT
State: California
THOR #3681
HD-Max repairs

All the great sales literature on the HD-Max states that it is the same color through the entire fiberglass so scratches are not seen. But, that is not the case as I have one 6 inch scratch that is much lighter color and sticks out.

So I would like to see if anyone has fixed scratches in their HD-Max fiberglass. Notice I stated fiberglass and not gelcoat.

When I called Thor, they told me since the color and shine is in the fiberglass when they make it, they do not gelcoat the fiberglass. They told me to use Sickens paint as a touch up and not to buff it like gelcoat. They told me to use Sikkens Auto OL-20. When I called a Sikkens dealer they told me there is no part number like that. I have went back and forth with Sikkens and Thor and cannot resolve. Looks like I need to have it color matched at a shop.

This is why I am asking if anyone has pulled out a scratch form a unit with HD-Max on it.
2018 Thor Challenger 37KT
gauthig is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.