Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2016, 01:09 PM   #3
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
I believed that for 50 years and bought my gasoline from the cheapest station. However, after looking at the AAA study and TopTier I've changed my mind. There are differences in the additives that different companies put in their gasoline (Pilot gasoline confirmed it by admitting that they do not put in as much), AAA tests confirm engine carbon buildup using gasoline a with fewer additives and TopTier routinely tests gasoline to ensure that their TopTier gasolines have the additional additives. The USG mandates the additives and amounts but the guidelines are from the 1980s and the new engines are significantly different and apparently need additional additives. I've bought from the cheapest gas stations my whole life, but I will not be doing it any more. Until someone comes out a refutes the AAA study and TopTier, I don't see the sense in risking engine problems for a few cents a gallon. AAA has debunked the gasoline company claims that using higher octane gas every once in a while is good for your engine. So I don't think they are in league with the gasoline companies on this issue... or any issue for that matter.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum