Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2016, 06:57 PM   #6
brucev

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: California
THOR #2544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leskro View Post
I just bought my first RV, a 2014 Thor A.C.E. 27.1 with approx. 16,500 miles. I've noticed that when I'm driving at 65 mph it feels like the front end is lifting up and it feels a little squirrely. I asked one of the RV Service centers by me about it and he said it was something that these motorhomes did because of the frame. He said stabilizers might help a little but didn't think it was worth the money.
Anyone else have this issue and if so were you able to fix it?
Thanks,
My wife and I are eager to get on the road. Our first trip is planned for the beginning of October. We head from Southern Calif. to Dallas, TX, then up to Ames Iowa, through Wyoming and not sure where after that.
We have a 2015 Hurricane 27K with the same chassis. I have spent close to $4K on suspension upgrades. All helped some but still drives like a hockey puck at times. Some of it just takes getting used too. I usually keep my speed around 60 - 65, but have been around 80 at times while passing. Good luck and enjoy your new coach. When in doubt slow down.
brucev is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.