Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2014, 03:00 PM   #12
Teeitup26

Brand: Still Looking
State: Colorado
THOR #1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
I hear ya Teeitup26. We aren't your typical campers either. We view camping as "bringing a piece of home with us when we go sightseeing". We typically use private campgrounds with full hook-ups instead of the more rustic state parks. We are also kind of newbies: This is our first motorhome after over a decade with a 5th wheel and trailers before that.

Thanks FW28z.
I appreciate your feedback JamieGeek. I'm curious, are the private campgrounds usually a little cleaner with let's say less noisy neighbors? How do you like the Thor product so far when compared to your 5th wheel and trailers in the past. I looked a trailers and man they are cheap built. Couldn't go that way. I'd be a total newbie so i'm trying to gather as many opinions from people like you who are out there on the road. I play golf so i would be traveling and finding golf parking lots to hang in. I work at the Battlement Mesa Golf course on I-70 near Glenwood Springs in the summer. We have quite a few motorhomes camping in the remote area of the parking lot. As long as they teeitup while in the lot, the GM doesn't seem to care as long as they don't "set up camp" so to speak. Had one guy running the generator and it didn't seem to upset anyone. Depends on how fancy the place is i suppose. We're pretty laid back here. Thanks. appreciate any more comments you'd like to make about the unit. I'm very interesting in the 25.1 when i can find one.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.