Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2016, 02:51 AM   #1
JW Packer

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #5506
LP Gas Detection Light Blinking

I own a Freedom Elite 22E, and the other day I noticed the red light blinking on the panel that "reports" the presence of LP gas or carbon monoxide. Earlier, my wife had cleaned the floors, and she has since read that certain cleaning solutions will set off the sensors. Additionally, we had neglected to shut of the LP Gas activation switch for about two days after returning from a trip. Maybe that condition, coupled with the fact that the camper had been "sealed shut"--no windows open--created a situation where small amounts of LP gas (and cleaning solution?) could not be purged from the vehicle.

All I encountered was a blinking light--no beeping alarm beeping was occurring, which, as I understand it, would mean we definitely had a gas leak problem. Today I drove the RV for about 10 miles with all windows open to air it out, and that seemed to correct the problem; the light is no longer blinking.

Has anyone encountered a similar situation? My wife is taking the RV away this weekend with a few friends in tow, and she just wants to be sure that this is not something we should be concerned about.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum