Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2016, 09:28 PM   #4
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Wow a 24.1 with a bigger bathroom in the very rear. Nice...might have to upgrade.... !

Only problem is: What if the two twins are made up as a big bed and the person sleeping in the very front of the coach needs to use the restroom (at least in the 24.1 they still can without having to crawl over the sleepers).

There always seems to be some compromise !

Note that they all come with a tankless water heater...nice.
"Only problem"?

That is a huge design compromise -- more common on Class Bs which typically only have two occupants. And even when not made up as a King bed, others have to pass through bedroom to get to bathroom -- leads to much less privacy. And the beds are narrower than on your 24.1 (although for us that wouldn't be an issue).

Obviously the bathroom is bigger than on the 24.1, but the motorhome is also 1-1/2 feet longer. If you stretch the basic 24.1 from 25'-6" to 27'-0" the bathroom could be made much larger.

Also note the limited amount of kitchen counter space. It's worse than most models. And exterior storage is barely half as much as on a 24.1. I was hoping for larger version of 24.1 and this is not it.

The only thing that looks promising to me (will have to see in pictures or in person before deciding) is the use of beds as possible lounge area. I would first like to see how backrests are done, supported, stored, etc. But even with that feature they could have done the same while leaving beds at rear like on 24.1.

I had been waiting for a new floorplan and this just went in the wrong direction for us. It's really disappointing.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum