Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2016, 02:50 PM   #16
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance
I was referring to the fact that because the 24.1 has a slide, the couch is much shorter because the end walls subtract almost a foot from available length. Without a slide the couch is a jackknife that allows sleeping lengthwise in motorhome, whereas with 24.1 Thor uses a completely different couch that opens across the motorhome to sleep transversely (which causes another "space" compromise I won't get into).
Agree the couch is shorter by a significant amount but the jacknife logic isn't sound as, since 2016, all 24.1s come with a jacknife sofa. (I even inquired with my dealer to see what it would cost to replace ours with the jackknife, but of course the dealer didn't ever get back to me on that.)

On the 2016's and newer the table storage is in the closet because the jacknife won't lay flat with the tables there.

In 2016 Thor got rid of all the air mattresses: The sofa became a jacknife and the drop down bunk added some depth so that a small (normal) mattress could stay up there (they added like 2" or 3").
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.