Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: No Power
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2016, 08:44 PM   #15
petef

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
I have been messing with the electrical system amp draws since I bought this thing. I bought a volt/amp meter and hooked it to the house batteries to figure things out. Also installed a knife style disconnect, and I advise everyone to do so after what I have discovered so far. If you dry camp often you should also rewire the power wire to the radio so you can have a switch to cut power to it. That radio turned off draws about .30 amp, when turned on the radio draws almost 1 amp. When my "Store " button is engaged there is still a .75 amp draw from the coach battery, this is why I say put on a disconnect.

If you dry camp there are many things to do to fix the draws. My rig will draw 2.5 amps extra unless I disconnect the chassis battery wire that goes to the control box. I have yet to figure what that is all about. The power to the slide takes .10 amp, so I pull that fuse when I arrive. The CO detector takes .05 amp so I pull that also, don't need it if the engine is not running. the fridge takes about .60 amp, but I need it. I kind of think the solenoid for the emergency start is wired wrong but still have to do some talking to others to find out. I will put it all out in another post

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum