Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2016, 01:47 PM   #9
Joe-FL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Have you considered that maybe his dog really didn't pee on your trike, and just stopped there to smell what another dog or animal had done previously? Or after?

Since you didn't see his dog pee on your trike, I would have personally let it go. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, however small that may be.

The last thing any of us wants to do is accuse an innocent person of wrongdoing. That can escalate into violence in a heartbeat. Trust me on this, injustice is such a hot button with some individuals that their reaction can be extreme. You are lucky the guy walked away, because he could just as easily turned around and demanded an apology from you. And then what would you have done? How far are you willing to escalate?

It's not worth getting killed over.
I hear what you are saying. Problem with thinking that way was that it was just before 7am and there was not a soul moving anywhere in the park. A lot of permanent local sites here. When I went out to look at the street side of the Trike urine was still dripping off the cover onto the ground. So I guess during the 15 to 30 seconds it took me to reach over and fill my coffee cup and step out the door another dog could have ran around my coach, peed on my Trike, then dashed quickly out of sight......but that just did not seem logical to me after watching what I actually saw.

He could have asked for an apology and I would have told him to stick it where the sun doesn't shine. Being a retired LEO with years of experience talking with suspects I actually found his reaction to be more of how a guilty person would have responded when caught in the act.

The gentlemen was about my age but a little bigger. He could have been 20 years younger and twice my size and it would not have mattered in my actions. I am not going to allow a rude individual to do something like that to my property without calling him on it. As far as him escalating the situation, that would be up to him. I would prefer to keep it a verbal exchange but it certainly would not have been the first time some idiot attacked me.

People react to things differently. I have been retired for over 4 years and have not raised my voice in anger until this happened. I would have done the same thing if I had been sitting in my window and watched him allow his dog to pee all over a neighbors Harley and Harley cover across from me.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum