Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2016, 05:04 PM   #3
jimboe

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini
State: Washington
THOR #4766
Girard Water Heater

Yes, that's more or less that problem I'm having. My hot water is intermittent. Sometimes works, sometimes not. Usually works in the bathroom sink. Kitchen sink is another story. I turn on the kitchen faucet and go back to view the control panel and see the flame icon appear and disappear. Sometimes it never appears. The shower doesn't work. Talked to a Girard tech last week and he suggested to check water pressure. If you can fill a gallon jug with the hot water on full in 75 seconds then your pressure OK. I filled it in 65 seconds so it would seem to not be the water pump. I'll be talking with him again today and will share what I learn. Btw, my experiences have been while dry camping. Was in a RV park a month ago and found that the water heater wasn't working at all. Brought it in to the dealer who found a sticky valve which was replaced. I tried the hot water then and it seemed to work, but now realize that it's undependable. Back to the dealer I guess.Jimboe

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum