Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 07:59 PM   #1
Mrrabk

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Washington
THOR #1152
New (to us) Four Winds 31P questions

Hope this is the correct area to ask a couple of questions.

We just took delivery yesterday afternoon of a 2006 FW 31P. Less that 15k on the clock and showroom new on the inside. Our luck to find such a well cared for unit.

Had a couple of "newbi" questions. Our unit has the 6 gal dsi water heater and it appears to only run on LP. The switch on the control panel (OEM) for the water heater is just a single rocker that say "ON" on top and "Gas" on the bottom. Is the "On" for starting the water heater? Possible gas and electric? Private seller went over it all we we first looked at it and I forgot. The online owners manual is a joke as to specifics. LOL (sorry, I don't have the Atwwod model # for the water heater at the moment)

Second question is about the chassis radio in the dash. I'm trying to compile a complete manual set for all items and have had luck except for the E450 chassis entertainment system. This unit has an AM/FM CD Cassette with tons of buttons and a few that have satellite, etc. One annoyance is on power up there must be a volume preset for power up and it's set very high. Must be right at the volume knob or we get blown out the back window. LOL

All other items work well (as I know the water heater does too) and are really common sense operations. Even the Gen set upon start has a signal to denote ready for loads. I just don't want to screw up the water heater ops if I can help it....but that would add to our campfire stories. LOL

We're hoping to take our maiden cruise/shakedown trip this weekend and I'm sure the Mrs. would like hot water.......or I'll be in hot water. LOL

Thanks for any help you could give a "rookie"

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.