Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 08:23 PM   #38
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeitup26 View Post
Here's a question for you which i have asked the Thor dealership in Elkhart also: Ford says on their website the E-350 stripped chassis which is used on the Axis is "LNG, CNG ready" meaning it's selected modification companys can make the thing burn nat gas if you wanna spend the $8000. Essentially, you double your MPG or half your cost which ever way you wish to view it. Have you asked your dealer about it, and what do you they say? Thanks again.
Would it be worth it though? $8000 pays for a lot of gas. There would be an advantage if you went with propane since the refer & stove also use propane--you could remove the propane tank and use that space for additional storage (however would the new propane tank take more volume than the 55 gallon gas tank?).

Personally I don't think it would be worth it, but then on my blog I've speculated on what it would take to make an electric RV.
What would it take?? | Some spare electrons from driving a Focus Electric
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.