Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 09:19 PM   #40
Teeitup26

Brand: Still Looking
State: Colorado
THOR #1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Would it be worth it though? $8000 pays for a lot of gas. There would be an advantage if you went with propane since the refer & stove also use propane--you could remove the propane tank and use that space for additional storage (however would the new propane tank take more volume than the 55 gallon gas tank?).

Personally I don't think it would be worth it, but then on my blog I've speculated on what it would take to make an electric RV.
What would it take?? | Some spare electrons from driving a Focus Electric
If you were buying a used Thor Axis which get's twice the MPG than a another used Axis, would you pay more for the former? Besides, i just get a warm and fuzzy feeling when my V 10 Triton is pulling through the Rocky Mountains getting 20 MPG. Like the U Pilot said as he sat in his Blackbird: Lo though i am moving through the valley of the shadow of death, I am leaving 50,000 ft at Mach 4.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.