Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2016, 06:15 PM   #1
junior30

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 31E
State: Louisiana
THOR #3298
Thor Warranty Stinks - Don't Buy A Thor

So i have complained about my motor on this and other forums before but as my one year is coming to a close i wanted to recap my experience with Thor and warn others. After reading many other horror stories i know my experience isn't the worst but this is the only place to vent my frustrations and possibly save others my heartache.

My motor home is currently in the shop and has been for over 3 weeks now getting the a bunch of warranty issues repaired. Over this year i have made numerous trips to drop off and pick up the motor home and it has spent up to this point over almost 3 months at the dealership. I have dealt with major leaks from exterior caulking, which i ended up fixing myself. It has burnt up 2 batteries, which i replaced myself. It fried the battery charger which i replaced myself. They are supposed to be reimbursing me for that. I have had windows that would not open, shades that would not open. The shower had a big leak and i had to re caulk the shower. The sink was leaking and i had to re caulk that. The fit and finish on many items is just poor, most of which i just repaired myself. This is just the short list of the problem i have had.

The icing on the cake for me is the fading of the front cap. My front cap on my brand new $70,000 coach is severely discolored. Thor has denied a claim on this because they do not warranty fading. This is a complete cop out of the warranty. If i bought a car and the paint peeled within 1 year it would definitely be under warranty. Thor actually blamed the me and the dealer for their crappy paint job, which is a complete insult.

This is my first motor home so i cannot compare to other manufacturers but i know i will NEVER buy a Thor product again. Unless your willing to leave you new motor home at the dealer for weeks at a time during your first year of ownership and shell out hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars for repairs then i would recommend you don't buy a Thor either.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum