Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2016, 07:21 PM   #3
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
doesn't help you much, but my cap was/is also faded pretty bad. My unit was one that had sat on the dealer's lot for over a year. When I got it, it had been shined up and looked good for the first few months. I assume they had used 303 or something similar and had buffed it out so it looked good, as that wore off I started seeing the fade. So much so that it bummed me out much like it seems you are...

I tried buffing and waxing myself but never had good result. I was about ready to pay $ to bring in a pro detailer to see if they could do anything with it, but I tried the floor polish trick. scrubbed the whole coach really well with barkeeper's friend, than put a few coats of floor polish on it. Wow, I wish I'd have done that sooner. It looks great again and has held up ok for a few months now.
Not a great fix, but I don't get as bummed whenever I see the thing like i used to. I figure a better fix might be to have a body shop spray a clear coat over the thing.... would be a similar thing but should be much more durable and longer lasting.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum