Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: No Power
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 12:43 AM   #19
Mo_Mike

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtpg View Post
I have a 2017 Vegas 25.3 which I bought new last month.

I just had a problem where my chassis battery went flat dead in 2 days with nothing left on. It appears to have a small draw, less than an amp, that I am thinking is the radio or ???. I charged the battery up fully then ran a load test on it and it tested fine. I then let it sit for 24 hours and rechecked the which was 12.5 volts.

My question is if I trip the 100 amp circuit breaker under the hood near the battery, will that act as an isolator for the chassis battery?

Thanks!
My chassis battery was dead. Even though it was plugged into shore power. No power to the coach. My 100amp breaker was thrown, the emergency start did nothing. Reset the breaker, recharged the battery with external charger. Now it seems everything is charging. However when the chassis battery was dead, the radio was also dead. I thought that the radio was on the house batteries until this happened. I think I am going to rewire to the house battery at least for the main radio power. Maybe leave the memory lead on the chassis.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.