Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 05:02 PM   #19
Calico

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.3
State: Tennessee
THOR #4796
Dealers are usually at fault for delays..

I still have a leak, originating somewhere, that my dealer (CW) was unable to find/fix, and after speaking with a couple of Thor representatives, I am very satisfied with both the company and their product. After taking the coach back and forth for service (over 1 hour each way) on multiple occasions, with no satisfactory fix, I've been assured the warranty will cover the fix (whenever it's location is found) as well any problems arising from the leak problem in the future, UNTIL that fix is found. One of the Thor people I've had contact with, even set up for me to get service at a totally different dealer/company much nearer to me, giving me the Service Managers name and number as well as his own, while the other Thor person actually read to me word-for-word the items my dealer's service department had billed the warranty for up to that point (with some parts/service no even going into MY coach! sheesh). He also let me know exactly when the work was approved and parts were sent, which varied GREATLY from my dealers version of why it was taking so long; Service dept. says it takes '1 month minimum' while Thor shipped parts and approved within 3-4 days. I haven't taken my coach to the new service department yet, but plan to prior to storing for the winter. The reason Thor wants me to switch service departments and dealers, of course, is because they want that leak to be found and fixed instead of warranting it for the next 20 or so years, or until I finally tip over. I do firmly believe the dealers are more to blame for problems than the manufacturer. I compare the coaches to 'mobile homes and double-wides' when it comes to 'fit and finish' of the interiors and exteriors, rather than a $74,000 vehicle. The Ford chassis is typical Ford tough... no complaints there, and the paint job and decals are going to be protected with wax and a cover whenever the vehicle sits more than 2 weeks at a time. Sometimes the 'catching flies with honey' saying really holds true. I've found if you handle Thor with kid gloves, they will bend over backwards to make you happy.
2011 Jeep Wrangler toad
Calico is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum