Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 02:55 PM   #8
Mrrabk

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Washington
THOR #1152
Blw,

Thanks, we got it figured out. It's LP only and is a simple on off toggle. The Screen printing labels are a bit confusing for us "newbies". Works well, nice and hot and seems to recover real fast.

As for the "entertainment" system in the chassis/dash. I found out Thor orders the cutaway chassis without radio and installs their own of choice. At the time of this 2006, they were using Jensen. It's a VR185-RV unit. Nice unit, good power and sound for a dash unit. Don't have plans to enable the satellite, but that could change since the wife has it in her SUV and has become very accustom to it. It is nice traveling when signals are week. Heck with this we could even pull out some old cassettes... Now what to do with the old 8 tracks....
Ours has the factory visor mounted rear view/back up camera set up and it works very well. I was surprised how well and clear it is with a very wide angle view.

Well, it's now all over but the shouting as they say and we're prepping for our first shake down trip. Nice thing is the sellers had the thing completely detailed and even the tanks professionally cleaned. I had to call after looking down the toilet throat and noticed the plumbing/piping and tank (that I could see) looked brand new clean and there was not one ounce of smell....not even chemicals. They said they just wanted the next owners to get it in as good or better shape than when they got it. (well to do couple, so $$ isn't really an object to them) So getting it for 63% of NADA value with all the extras including cover and brand new michelins all around due to the recall, I think we did good.

Thank you all for your help and I'll report back after our trip.....so looking forward to it. Can see us now with our coffee, little fire going and relaxing under our canopy! And, I get to share that with my best friend of 33 years!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.