Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 05:49 PM   #1
bigben

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
Slides, Awnings, Overhead Bunk all stopped working

First off apologies for being gone for so long. We've been on a 3 month cross country road trip. Our Challenger has performed GREAT.

Now for the problem we bumped into on our way back from the west coast. We'd spent 3 great days in Lewisville, Tx at COE at Hickory Lake. While preparing to leave and closing up the coach, DW found no slides worked. Also, overhead bunk and all awnings were not working. It sounds bad but all of them not working helped to narrow the problem down to a single point.

Called Thor's 24 Hour line and got some help to troubleshoot the issue. Still a no go but we did narrow the issue down to the Rapid Camp multi-function board. Finding the multi-function board was THE toughest part. It was under the master bed BUT inside a small finished space by the fuse boxes. I then checked the power to the Rapid Camp Relay and the fuse box. Relay had no power and fuse was working.

To make sure we could at least retract the slides and move, I made a jumper cable from the battery directly to the battery power terminal on the Rapid Camp board. Slide worked!! Removed the jumper wire - slides didn't work. So at least we could continue on towards home.

I have a real aversion to letting someone I don't know charge me $100/hour to maybe fix a problem.

So I contacted Thor again on Monday and got the schematic for the Rapid Camp system. After a series of test to narrow the problem down, I found no power to the relay. UUGGHH. I was then able to trace the wiring back to the fuse panel - THE FUSE PANEL WAS MIS-LABLED!!!! Tested each fuse then for continuity and found the blown fuse. Replaced and immediately fixed the problem.

Here is the text from my follow up with Thor:

"First off thank you and Bill for your support and assistance.

Next, after studying the supplied documents - I was able to test the relay for proper operation. What I found was there no power to the relay. Using the schematic, I traced the wiring back to the fuse panel. What I found was the fuse cover indicating the use of each fuse was mislabeled. I found the correct fuse and tested for continuity. The fuse was open/blown. I simply replaced the fuse and the problem is corrected.

A couple of take aways for future assistance:

1. First thing to check is ALL fuses to ensure proper function (closed circuit).

2. The Rapid Camp system is under the bed in the master bedroom but INSIDE a finished panel next to fuse boxes - both 12v and 110v. You MUST remove the panel to reveal it.

Again, many thanks for your time and assistance. Hopefully this will help future problem solvers."

I've attached the wiring schematics also.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Thor wiring diagram.pdf (108.0 KB, 475 views)

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum