Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016, 01:17 AM   #4
Ekrobinett

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #5260
More Questions on Diplexer

Beatlesman: Finally got closer to the time of our trip to reactivate our dish receiver. I tried to follow your directions. Here's what I did:
1. Over the air channels were already coming on when we first tried (no cable from hookup inside cabinet above sink; but turned on power booster.)
2. I pulled the TV off the wall. There was a gray cable going into the cable hook up and a HDMI in slot 2. Both cables go into the wall to unseen location. I assumed the gray cable was the interior cable hook up for OTA and cable hook up. I'm not sure what the HDMI cable is bring in.
3. I put a diplexer in the cabinet above the sink. I pulled the gray cable back in and I hooked it up to the single end input of the diplexer. Then I hooked a cable to SAT input of the diplexer and the other end to the dish receiver. Then I hooked another cable into the other slot of the diplexer to the TV cable hook up. I also hooked a HDMI from the dish receiver to HDMI1 on the TV.
4. Next I put a short cable from the outside park cATV hook up to the single end of the diplexer and then hooked the cable from the kingdom tailgater to the satelight input. Since I was at my house, I didn't have access to park CATV.
5. Then I checked the TV. I was able to use the TV remote to switch between TV (OTA) and HDMI1. OTA worked. HDMI1 said "acquring signal" so I assumed the diplexer was working. However, after several lengthy tries, it was as if the receiver was never getting signal from the tailgater. I felt the tailgater and couldn't hear/feel it working.
6. To make sure the dish tailgater/receiver was working, I unhooked the tailgater from the outside park connection diplexer and hooked it directly into the receiver (I had to unhook the SAT diplexer). Then the receiver/tailgater acquired signal and set up correctly. I also can still view the OTA.

Did I miss something or why didn't the tailgater signal come through the outside park hookup? Any ideas how to work? I'd really like to have a clean hook up using the park hook up instead of the tailgater cable coming through the kitchen window. I'd also rather not use a A/B switch.

Thanks for any ideas anyone may have.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum