Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016, 04:11 PM   #6
dosbirn

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Freedom Elite 29FE
State: Mississippi
THOR #5561
Chance, I was referring to both; the generator ATS and the Inverter switch.

GMC, I'm not sure how to wire a fan for 12v but that may be a task to take on later.

I contacted Ron Baker at Thor this morning - he was EXTREMELY helpful and patient. He said my inverter works the following:

1. Exterior refrigerator and the outlet it's plugged into (inside the wood cabinet).
2. All 3 TVs (exterior, bedroom and over dinette).
3. The outlet above the kitchen sink (YAY - for my fan!).

ALSO, he said the DISCONNECT switch must be in the USE position for these to work off the inverter. I'm sure that is why nothing worked when I tested it while traveling a few weeks ago.

Also, during my research, I read something saying if you use a fan on an inverter-powered outlet, the fan switch could possibly be damaged. I guess I'll find that out as soon as I try it.

Ron also recommended keeping the Disconnect switch in the USE position whenever traveling or connected to shore power, to keep the house battery charged. He said only Disconnect when the RV is not being used. This was helpful for us since this switch is also new to us.

My husband is picking up the RV today and taking it to a local campground. I will test everything once I get there this afternoon.

Thank you all for your help & suggestions!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum