Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2016, 01:57 AM   #7
brianh442

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 33.5
State: Washington
THOR #578
The big difference is instead of one 120v leg, you will have 2 separate 120 legs, inside the cable, there are 4 wires, 2 of them are 120 each, one is a ground and
One is a neutral line, if I remember right. Since the coach has 50 amp, it's safe to assume you have at least 2 air conditioning units. Half the rv with one AC will be on one 120 leg and the other half on the other 120 leg along with the other AC unit.

The big thing to remember is if you are plugged into a 15 or 20 amp outlet, you cannot run either AC unit. If you are plugged into a 30 amp service, you can only run one AC unit, your choice which one to run, but only one. And if you are plugged into a 50 amp, you can run both.

I found a little volt meter at CW, you plug into an outlet and monitor the quality of power coming in, I keep it plugged in. If the needle drops too far into the red, I know to start turning stuff off, so as not to trip a breaker or something. I've only had one occasion so far, where I actually started my Genny and unplugged for a few hours, it was a hot day, and I think everybody had both AC's running and the quality of power was not very good!

Good luck in your search

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum