Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2016, 05:01 PM   #9
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico View Post
The trim around my 2016 Vegas 25.3 is not coming loose, as far as I can tell, but it does seem to be shrinking a bit, with about 1/2" of gap where the trim does not meet at the bottom-center of the windshield. I brought this to the attention of my (new) service center, so it will be interesting to see what they do about it. Digging the bugs out of that gap is icky. My concern is that if there is 'movement' of the trim, then loosening up is bound to follow.
You may have read my post earlier on this thread...
If I were you, I would be requesting a new rubber around the windshield or have Thor approve a repair by a Glass installer...we, recently, had a new windshield installed..the rubber came loose during a strong wind/rain storm and we had a waterfall onto our dashboard ... thankfully, our cat noticed it and we caught it before damage was done !!
Our water was from the top...however, someone else made the comment that, if it comes apart at the bottom...you could have water coming in during driving from wind force.

Good luck !

K
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum