Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2016, 09:28 PM   #1
jcavasos

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Fourwinds
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #5708
Alternator not charging house batteries

Greetings from a new member. I hope I'm doing this right. I have a 2014 Thor Fourwinds F550. I noticed my generator was running after we had stopped for gas, this happened a couple of times. I contacted Thor tech support and was told either a bad BIRD or contactor. I started the engine and had my wife watch the digital display. It was charging to 14.2 V. So we got ready to pull out, I turned my head lights on, my wife told me the display dropped to 12.9 V and was dropping. Turned the headlights off and the display went back to 14.2 V. I noticed the fog light switch was on with the head lights, so when I turned the fog lights off, my wife heard the contactor click and the display showed charging. Turned the fog lights on, contactor clicks and display shows discharging. The Emergency start switch works perfectly. Any suggestions?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum