Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2016, 04:50 AM   #16
winder1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport34F
State: California
THOR #3382
Thor problems

I feel your pain with THOR. Their warranty is absolutely worthless, and there is no one in their entire organization that cares about customers that get stuck with shabbily constructed motor homes. Mine too, was bought brand new, and has had nothing but problems. It has spent months in the shop with multiple problems, including; slide, electrical problems, generator problems, leaking roof and windows, levelers, plumbing leaks, and it has burned up 3 sets of house batteries, which THOR refused to cover.

People with no experience with THOR warranty service on a major failure, or multiple failures, have no idea what you are talking about, when you praise the service at THOR. If you did, you would know that trying to get to someone who is concerned about your problems, and is willing, or able to help, is impossible. No one like that exists, it's a culture of indifference to customers concerns. The higher you go, the worse it gets, if anyone even bothers to return your messages.

When traveling, and breaking down, you will find you THOR Warranty no help at all. THOR dealers want NOTHING to do with repairing THOR products under warranty, that were not purchased at their location. As more than one dealer explained it to me, THOR will not reimburse them enough on warranty repairs to cover their costs. So if they didn't make a profit on the sale, they don't want to lose money making repairs. I don't blame them for that, as shoddily designed, engineered, and constructed as THOR products are, having to make too many repairs under warranty is a money loser.

My experience with THOR has been a nightmare. Your experience may differ. If you want to gamble $100K of your money to see which experience you may have, well, as they say, it's a free country.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum