Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Coach batteries
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2016, 03:10 AM   #9
samven

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 22E
State: West Virginia
THOR #3119
Have you thought about getting a small Yamaha or Honda 1000w inverter generator. They are light 30 lbs or so and can run everything but the AC and microwave. You can run them for hours to charge the batteries on a qt of gas and unless you walk right up on them its hard to tell they are running. and they stow away in your storage bin in less space than a plastic milk crate. 2 good deep cycle batteries should get any coach through the quiet hours unless you have a commercial fridge. I run my TV and DVD player on a True Sine wave 400w inverter all evening and the next morning and my batteries are never below 60% even in cold weather when the furnace fan is running and that is the real power draw. They seem a bit expensive when you first price them but they are way cheaper than retrofitting to 4 house batteries with wiring unless your coach is already set up for that many.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum