Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2016, 12:05 PM   #16
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
I agree younger people's needs and expectations may be different, but don't think it's all or mostly about money or higher cost of larger Class As. No doubt luxury large diesel pushers are much more expensive, but at the cost of many Class Bs today a buyer could also purchase larger Class Cs or As, so in my opinion they are not buying Bs just because they are more affordable. Not that most people are buying Bs anyway -- the growth rate is just higher.

Many entry Class Bs we've seen were similar in price to the much larger Axis/Vegas. Likewise, many Mercedes-Sprinter-based Class Bs are priced as high as 38-ft Challengers that are two to three times larger (living space).

In my opinion the few that buy Bs want mobility and freedom that large As restrict. On the other hand space is very limited, so you're not likely to full-time in one. It's just a different tool. And like other tools, sometimes we have to pay a premium to make them smaller and lighter.

If I were on a tight budget, I wouldn't consider a Class B at all. They are too expensive for what you "physically" get. Their value is their small size. For some that works, for some it makes no sense at all.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.