Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2016, 02:13 PM   #1
Joe-FL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Plumbing Help From Thor

A couple months ago our selling dealer replaced our water pump on our used Challenger (under his 30 day warranty). He also tired to fix a small water leak on the back of the water inlet valve where you hook up to city water. He did a really good job on water pump replacement and put a high quality one on. It is impossible to hear it running unless you have your head in the outside compartment! But he failed on the small water leak so I removed the convenience center panel and fixed the leak myself.

When I was done I noticed that the line coming from my whole house filter was just dangling.....not hooked up to anything. I spent about 20 minutes tracing every water line and trying to figure out what could be hooked up wrong. There are 15 to 18 water lines running through this area going to the fresh water pump, whole house filter, and selection valves.

I finally called Thor Customer Service. Within a couple of minutes I was talking to a representative and I explained my problem. He initially asked me if I had a dealer close by. I told him I wasn't driving to a dealer to have something fixed that I could do myself, unless I discovered that it had been hooked up wrong from the original factory install. I told him I had received build drawings but none had shown detailed plumbing of the whole house filter and selection valves. He pulled them up on his computer, got my email address, and sent them to me. The whole process from them answering the phone to me seeing the drawings on my phone was probably less than 10 minutes! Not bad service.

I still haven't figured it out. I decided to just lock it up and come back to it Monday. My hose going to and coming out of my whole house water filter is a straight line with no T's in them. The discharge side for the whole house filter on the drawings shows a line with a T in it going someplace else. If the drawings are correct then one of these water lines got switched somewhere along the line.

But I certainly was impressed with the quick assistance from Thor.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.