Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2016, 11:02 PM   #14
SuperD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
After I got my coach home from the dealer I noticed a big bundle of wires hanging down from the back, they must have been there from the factory because there was paint spray on the bundle. I got some sticky pads and zip ties and fastened the bundle up under the rear on the fiberglass. Our first trip was about 1,000 miles one way. After about 500 miles I noticed the camera would cut out momentarily when we hit a big bump, I saw the wires were hanging down again, the sticky pads didn't hold. When we got to our destination I bought some plastic plumbers strap and stainless screws with fender washers and locknuts. I drilled a small hole in the rear and secured the wire bundle more permanently. A thousand miles back and two five hundred mile trips with no more camera problems. Hard to believe no one at Thor thought about the big wire bundle hanging down, especially since they painted it!!!

I would like to unhook the turn signal trigger since I use my mirrors and from the angle have a hard time seeing the monitor anyway. Has anyone unhooked their turn signal cameras? Help would be very appreciated!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum