Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 11:42 PM   #1
claude28

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Ontario
THOR #2311
Unhappy Battery Control Center or BIRD and Trombetta

I own a Thor Axis 24.1 (2015), while reading threads on Bi-Directional Isolator Relay (BIRD) and Trombetta that some Vegas owners have, I looked at my Axis to see where those BIRD/Trombetta were. I could not find them, however I found a metal box called Battery Control Center (BCC) in the storage compartment (under the driver's seat). It is a TH-1020 and the printed circuit board inside is a RV Custom Products FW-221 Rev B.
So, as I could not find the Trombetta nor the BIRD, I contacted Thor Warranty and the answer was that I did not have a BIRD/Trombetta because I had a BCC.
I was happy until Ed Felker had a look at his Vegas and confirmed that he had the BCC box and also the BIRD/Trombetta. We are both baffled by that.
Could someone sheds some light on this interrogation? It would be nice to see what you have on your Vegas and your Axis.
Thanks for looking

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum