Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2016, 02:59 AM   #9
Hudsoner

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29D
State: Florida
THOR #5756
I have had no big problems with my Hurricane. I bought it slightly used (from a divorce settlement), and what I can see from the records, the previous owners had no major issues either. In fact, my motorhome is so good and reliable that I do not plan to sell it. I'd rather do update to it to bring it up to snuff with newer units. The chassis is all the same, and the engine and transmission should last for ever and then some! My son sees F550 coming into the shop with well over 350 k miles on, and that are commercial vehicles that are beaten up every day (my puny 68 k miles don't even count).
I have several friends with Winnebago units, and most of them wish they would have a reliable Thor motorhome like mine.

Many participants in forums like these write only if they have something to complain, one hardly hears anything from owners, who are happy with their units.

I participate because i want to learn about new features with new motorhome, and how they hold up. That allows me to make a decision whether I want to install them or not.

For example, I would never ever want slide outs, because they seem to be the reason for major headaches. They also ad quite a bit of weight and it makes no sense at all to take a perfectly good wall and cut a gigantic hole into it!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum