Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2016, 04:29 PM   #5
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
I need to buy a 19" LED TV for my Thor Majestic. Do I really need to get an AC-DC model or is AC only OK. Also I noticed that many 19" TVs have built in DVD players. Has anyone got any thoughts on how well these DVD players work. It seems pretty convieneant not having a second piece of equipment to deal with but I am worried about how good they might be.
A couple of related thoughts which may or may not apply to your needs:

We've had a 19" TV for years and after watching much larger TVs at home, it seems very small now. It's in our van, which means we sit fairly close, but even then I now wish it was larger. If you can create the necessary space, I recommend you consider going larger if possible/practical. On a recent trip in a rental motorhome (didn't come with TV), I took it out of van and brought it along. I temporarily sat it at edge of overhead bunk at night, and while it worked, it was a little too far for me to enjoy from dinette or couch. The MH was a Thor Majestic 28A.

Ours is 115-Volt only and hasn't been a problem. Power consumption of newer TVs can be so low they can be easily powered from portable inverter -- provided the TV power plug is left where easily accessible.

I would personally keep the TV and DVD separate, if for no other reason than to get a Blu-Ray player instead of DVD. The only reason I would want them as one unit would be if I was going to set it outside and watch a movie, and we honestly haven't done that in 20+ years of camping. We've moved TVs outside but never to watch recorded programming.

Just my 2 cents ... and good luck with project. I'm envious -- which I could also hit the road for a trip before winter.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum