Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2016, 03:49 AM   #1
sip

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #5882
Installed BigFoot rv jacks on 2016 24.1 Vegas

Been a lurker on this forum for more than a year .. you bastards (j/k) got me to spend a lot of money on the rv and upgrades with all the great ideas and write-ups so I figured I'd return the favor

I knew I would likely install my own hydraulic jacks even before buying the Vegas (2016 24.1 e450 chassis). But I waited for about 6 months and a few trips to make sure that's the kind of big project I wanted to get myself into. I really liked the BigFoot kits. I went with the basic platinum setup with no wireless or self leveling doodads. Just a nice plain panel with buttons that let me extend and retract the jacks.

They recommend welding on the brackets. I neither have the skills nor the equipment to do that. I do however know how to drill holes and turn a wrench so bolting them on seemed like the way to go. It took a couple of months working at a relaxed pace over several weekends to do it all. But I am happy with how it turned out. I don't know yet if all the bugs are worked out and how performs ... that I'll know after a few more trips and use. But I did bleed the system today and ran the jacks and everything seemed to work as expected. I am happy!

I am posting a few teaser pics here. I took a bunch of pics along the way for my own reference which I just tossed in a Google album

Link to Google album with a lot more pictures from the installation process and comments on each pic.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.