Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2016, 06:12 PM   #51
RetiredRoadies

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Oregon
THOR #4469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nursx2 View Post
I use antifreeze in the drains only - I prefer to connect my air compressor and blow the lines clean of water. I know that antifreeze is supposed to be non toxic, but, I know air is!!!!
I live in Oregon on the coast where the temperature in the winter is very mild. It does dip below freezing however not typically only at night. Seldom it may snow for a day. My father and brother have RV's, live in Oregon in a cooler area -- they drain all tanks, via the water pump clean out the lines, then they add RV antifreeze to the drains only. I'm thinking that since we are not in an area that has cold winters, I could follow their protocol. I don't like the idea of toxic antifreeze throughout the system, even though I see that flushing it all out in the spring is apparently done by many people. Thoughts?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.