Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 08:42 PM   #6
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Yeah, my sofa is doing it.

My short term solution has been to put a dab of a fabric glue on the failing spot before it gets too big....figuring it'll seal the edges and maybe keep things together a bit longer.

I did some research and found out who makes the furniture for Thor, and gave them a call. Sorry, don't remember the specifics just now, of who it was and so forth.... I'm pretty sure I made a post here about it though....

I did confirm that they still make the pattern for mine, and in the same color
but I would have to go to dealer for price.
I called, it was expensive.
I also confirmed that they will not make the same pattern in a better material or in a real leather.
Had an interesting and frank conversation with the person. This cheap stuff is really driven by the manufacturer....they are just making to spec.
I was told the standard fabric is much better, being the same type of stuff used for household furniture. But this leatherette stuff will only last barely as long as the warranty.

Long term, I plan to be on the look out for a slip cover for the sofa, maybe the next time we are at an Ikea, and will likely get some automotive covers for the cab seats at some point too....

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.