Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2016, 05:46 PM   #11
BillT

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Connecticut
THOR #3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
Temps projected to get into the 20s this weekend but I don't want to wet winterize yet due to planned trips this month and in December.

I used my blow out plug and air compressor. After blowing out all of the lines I left the compressor connected at approx 40 PSI. With the Ice maker on it continued to make about 3 trays of cubes and I turned it off last night with the a load of cubes still freezing. This morning I reconnected the compressor to the city water connection and turned on the the ice maker. After the load of cubes were dumped the ice maker water supply blew in air from the compressor with little or no water. I will leave the compressor connected for another cycle or two to make sure all of the water is blown out of the ice maker lines and solenoid and then disconnect.

The blow out plug I use is

Camco Blowout Plug with Quick Connect-36143 - The Home Depot
Hi Dave:

I kind of did the same thing. I have a nice Husky compressor my father-in-law gave me. I blew out all the lines and left the compressor attached over night with the icemaker on. I poured a cup or so of anti-freeze down the drains and toilets. Then I removed the filter from the fridge.

I have a nice DeLonghi oil heater with an anti-freeze function. I am thinking about leaving the RV plugged in, and the heater on. What do you think?

Also, do you leave the jacks down or up over the winter? Tires on wood or not? My rig is on item 4 gravel.

Thanks all!

Bill
2016 Challenger 37TB
BillT is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.