Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2016, 09:27 PM   #9
tenbear

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 28A Class C
State: Vermont
THOR #4117
My 2005 Four Winds charges the coach battery while driving. When it was a couple of years old the coach battery stopped being charged. I traced the problem to the solenoid that connects the coach battery to the chassis battery when the ignition is turned on.

In my Chevy chassis the solenoid is connected to the chassis battery positive by a short wire. You should be able to locate the solenoid by following the wires. The solenoid was installed up side down, I don' know if that matters???

I first checked to make sure the 12v from the ignition was reaching the solenoid to energize it. You could just measure the voltage on both sides of the solenoid, it should be the same when the ignition is on.

I replaced the solenoid with one I found on eBay. I think it was rated at 200 Amps. It has worked well for about 15 years.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.