Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2014, 11:59 AM   #15
FW28z
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
Quote:
Originally Posted by groswald View Post
Hooking the bathroom sink into the black tank seems to fairly common.
The bathroom sink in my 28Z is the same... plumbed into the black tank.

I can think of four possible reasons for this:

1. as you said, to extend the "capacity" of the grey tank.
2. to add a bit more water to the black tank for proper decomposition - as many people probably don't rinse the toilet long enough after use.
3. the plumbing route to the black water tank is closer/easier/less costly than to the grey tank.
4. a built-in rinse mechanism to put a clear water flush into the black tank without having to install a dedicated tank flush port into the tank.

For my rig - I'm guessing #3 or #4.

#4 at least is useful, yet may actually be an undocumented feature. Simply run a couple of gallons through the tank via the bathroom sink, and it will (hopefully) flush any residual TP, etc.

If done for this reason - it is a great idea by Thor - albeit they don't document it.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum