Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2016, 10:49 PM   #10
Dbeskan

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Tennessee
THOR #4234
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker View Post
Genef: Here is a copy of the Thor Vegas/Axis manual I compiled. There is a winterizing checklist with pictures in the manual.
thanks very much! I had downloaded your fantastic manual back in May when we first bought the Axis. On that page for winterization, you say, "Open the drain valve for the fresh water tank (Figure 6, Valve #1, under passenger bed) and close the feed valve (Valve #4, so the water pump doesn't draw water from the tank). These valves are right next to each other right where the waterlines leave the tank. You can tell the feed valve because it’s hooked to the pipe going to the water pump. The fresh water tank drain valve is the one with the right-angle fitting that goes through the floor."
I think my feed valve in the picture above is #4?--the same as your #4? I don't think I have water in my fresh water tank. I opened the low point valves. Does the Drain valve pour water out of the fresh tank on the underside of the Axis? Is there a purpose to opening it?
I'll complete all of this tomorrow.
thank you for your help.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.