Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2016, 11:05 AM   #7
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcmilla View Post
Any Gemini/Compass owner with comments on the diesel Ford Transit engine/chassis and its servicing requirements? I think I saw someone mention in the forum some problems early on that were covered under the 1 yr warranty. I'm not familiar with diesel engines in general but imagine costs "in general" are more expensive than gas engines ...counter balanced with diesel engine longevity.
Doesn't seem like there is much North American history with this particular Ford engine and the annual servicing required.
Just working the numbers into my budget as I consider this B+ RV, Nancy
I'm obviously not a Ford Transit owner, but recommend you check into warranty because the engine should fall under Ford powertrain warranty which is much longer than a year. I'm not suggesting diesel is a better choice; just that warranty coverage should be much longer than 12 months.

Another consideration to keep in mind is that the generator on these Transit-chassis diesel motorhomes runs on LP. I'm sure some owners like that, while others who run generator a lot may not like the inconvenience of refilling their propane tank more often.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.