Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2016, 12:12 PM   #20
Metalman

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
THOR #2817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag&Au View Post
As far as I am aware, it is only some vintage Airstreams that have single tanks.

Personally I do not like the idea of allowing black tank matter to enter the grey tank for any reason. My main concern is the shower floor drain that is very close to the grey tank both in proximity and length of plumbing. If the grey tank does overfill for any reason (for instance a sink faucet failing or accidentally left open. I do not want fecal matter entering the shower floor and then possibly overflowing to the rest of the RV floor. The earlier idea of just allowing the black tank valve to open slightly is of no help, because turds are water soluble and liquefy readily. If you don't believe me, capture one and place in a glass of water.

For these reasons I would not buy an RV with one tank.

I use the method mentioned in a post above of leaving the grey water valve open when camping if I have a sewer hookup. I close it some time before I anticipate dumping the black tank.. I also use a Sewer Solution, which has a back washing capability.

I want the contents of the grey water tank to be as clean as possible in case some circumstance requires it to be drained onto the ground.

Ken
I think you make several good points for not combining gray and black water tanks.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.