Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2016, 03:37 PM   #9
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcmilla View Post

....cut....
Power management is going require a bit of trial and error before I try multi day camping without a shore power connection. Any advice welcomed...
Nancy, my 2 cents ....

Gemini motorhome specifications show a large 68-pound LPG tank, yet a rather small 25-gallon vehicle fuel tank, so I would think having the generator run on LPG is not necessarily a bad feature.

We normally stay in campgrounds with full hookups, and have never driven down the road with generator on to power air conditioner as some report doing, so generator fuel consumption in the past wouldn't have been much of an issue anyway. For us though, the generators' fuel supply has been replenished every time we refilled the motorhome with gasoline.

By comparison, we spent a weekend last year with family in new 5th wheel running a 5500-watt LPG generator to power two air conditioners and went through two 40-pound LPG tanks much quicker than the owners expected. They were disappointed which is why I mentioned it.

However, if starting out with full LPG tank, a smaller 3600-watt generator in Gemini should run for many hours, so running generator to charge batteries occasionally for a few hours a day shouldn't deplete LPG too quickly. My personal concern for us is that in future we will want to run air conditioner during football weekends or at night while boon-docking, so ease and convenience of generator usage (to include refueling) will be more important than in the past.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum