Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2016, 09:10 PM   #11
Laco

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
Have a 2017 Gemini, but its the one on the sprinter chassis. Looked at all 4 Gemini's, the Ford was just too light a chassis, I felt. The diesel in the Sprinter is a V6 3.0L and does ok towing, not great. I have towed my toad, a Chevy HHR, about 3100 pounds. Not sure I would want to tow it over the Rockies, but its ok for shorter trips with no major mountain ranges to cross. The Gemini on the Sprinter Chassis appealed to is as its the only one with two slides, makes the front area a bit less congested. Since this is a considerable downsize for us, we are still adjusting to the lack of storage, both inside and out. I added or forced the dealer to add, things, like a satellite system, an inverter, outside LP connector, track privacy shades for the cockpit area. Will be doing more as we use it and decide what else we need to add to make it work better for us. Our does have the AC Heat pump option and the third TV, as well as the tank heaters, not real useful in Southern California.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum