Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 12:47 AM   #1
Techn0

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #4160
Upgraded to Trojan T125 Batteries on Challenger

I finally pulled the trigger on upgrading my battery bank to 4x 6v Trojan T125 batteries. This new setup will give me 240 usable amp hours, which is a dramatic improvement over the 35 barely usable amp hours of the 2x 6v included Harris batteries.

Pretty easy install once you have everything. I chose the T125s over the T105s because of the slightly larger capacity (225 amp vs 240 amp hours). If you decide to do it, you will need the batteries of course, 2 x 10" 2 AWG with crimped lugs, 2 x 12" 2 AWG with crimped lugs, and corrosion protection of your choice. Pull out the old batteries and put in the new ones. The way I have it setup, I was able to place the positive and negative cables from the RV right back in about the same position without needing to extend or shorten, hence the way I have my batteries configured. I hope this helps someone out and never forget the famous words of Fire Marshal Bill... "Safety First."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Old Harris.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	315.2 KB
ID:	3427   Click image for larger version

Name:	T125 Upgrade.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	175.3 KB
ID:	3428  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Diagram.pdf (66.6 KB, 78 views)

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum