Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 02:10 PM   #14
Kev

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
Shades

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
LOL I had also started a thread like this so I'm copying my post here:
This was mentioned in a different thread (here: http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f17...html#post51527 ) so I figured I'd start it.

Perhaps we can even have a suggested format:

Coach: 2014 Thor Axis 24.1
Owners: Family of 3 (two of us and son in high school)
Usage: Approx: Monthly camping trips in the summer and some tailgating and usually one week-long trip sometime in the summer
Miles on Coach at present: ~10,000
Do you pull a toad: Yes either my wife's Escape or my C-Max
Mileage: We get around 8 or 9 mpg depending on terrain, wind, towing or not, etc.
Any issues when you picked it up? Yes one small one: bathroom door was broken, dealer noticed it during PDI and repaired it with a new door (we did NOT have to leave the RV there while the door was on order)
Pic of us camping:

Why do you love your camper:
After owning a 31ft 5th wheel we pretty much fell in love with the small size of the Axis on first sight. Since then it has proven to be quite the able unit. It can get a little cramped in there with 3 or more people but usually when its nice out we're outside the camper (we've even camped with 5 but 2 of us had their own tent to sleep in).

Very maneuverable and easy to drive: My wife wouldn't drive any of our other pull-behinds but she has no problems with the Axis (even with a car in tow).

I probably could go on and on so I'll stop and let more people chime in....
Hey Jamie

What are you using for the shade coverings for the side windows? Looks like a nice setup.

Kev

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.