Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 09:39 PM   #4
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Wow that Quantum KM24 is kind of funny: "Full wall slideout" on a 24' model--on larger ones that would just be "a slideout" LOL

Interesting that 31Z does have a raised bed to allow for more storage back there (they show the "step" on the floorplan). I wouldn't mind seeing one in person.
I would like to see one in person also, and how they did it. To me the Devil is in the details, as they say.

If you notice on other Thor motorhomes with MegaStorage, there is usually also a step, but it's on either side of the queen bed rather than cover the entire bedroom.

I remember that detail because we let my parents have the rear bedroom on a three-week trip out west, and my mother who is old and has weak knees had a problem getting into bed. I think the 31Z arrangement may have been easier for her. For us having the bed higher Euro style is fine if it means much more space below for our tandem bikes, kayak, etc.

It will also be interesting to see if they extend the chassis at rear to maximize height for bikes the way European companies build rear bike garages. On Mega-Storage motorhomes we've used bikes had to be laid down on side, which isn't good on bikes and waste too much space. Again, it's all in the engineering and design details.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum