Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2016, 08:29 PM   #9
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
...cut...

Re the slide, I agree with you about a full wall slide, but I don't agree for smaller partial length slides. I may sing a different tune if mine ever gets stuck or causes a problem, but they seem like a decent trade off to me.
For us it's not about cost, or fear that it will break down and leave us stranded. I just don't like them.

Mostly I don't like the way a smaller motorhome feels tighter when slides are retracted. And since we are travelers more than campers, spending much time on road, the "trade off" for us is negative.

I also prefer the cleaner lines on outside of coach when it has no slides.

We also don't like musty smell as they get old (we keep all vehicles long time), greater noise, air leaks, bugs, greater maintenance/repairs, etc. The added space just isn't worth it for us.

An Axis 24.1 floorplan with narrow dinette would not gain enough living space from a slide when parked at night (when we're sleeping most of that time in bedroom anyway) to warrant having the slide in the way for 12-hours during a typical day.

For us the cons far exceed the pros.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum