Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 09:47 PM   #2
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Typically the fresh water tank has a vent line that runs from the top of the tank to right next to the filler. When the tank is full water comes out the vent hole next to the filler.

Given your description of what is happening I would expect that your vent line may have popped off. Your ST has a very similar floor plan to our Axis, and given that Thor probably makes things similar I'd bet your water tank is in a similar location (in our case its under the passenger rear bed). You'll probably want to locate the tank and take off any access panels to see what really was going on.

Looking at some pictures on the web of that model: it looks like your water filler is in a compartment on the drivers side rear right? From that it is possible that the tank vent/overflow is plumbed to just drain on the ground (if true then you're fine).

I doubt you ruined your new toy: once you find what was wrong fix it, and dry it out (if necessary).

Note that I doubt the instruction manual has any of this in it.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.