Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 11:27 PM   #20
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Got the mud flap weights put on. A pretty easy install. Just line them up, punch some holes, slide the plates on either side, and finally tighten up the nuts. The only real difficulty is that there isn't a whole lot of ground clearance below the Axis/Vega which makes it hard to crawl around underneath. I just eyeballed them for alignment--as long as they are close to horizontal I'm happy (since due to the low ground clearance its really hard to see them anyway). The net now is that if the passenger side one does hit the exhaust pipe the stainless steel weight will hit it, not the rubber. (Note that the mudflaps aren't even close to being cut at a right angle. I think they just have a spool of the stuff and a guy with a knife cuts it off using a "oh about this much" method.)

JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.