Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2014, 04:08 PM   #24
groswald

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tiffin Open Road 32SA
State: Colorado
THOR #1147
Long and growing list!

I've a long and growing list of planned upgrades. Several start in the workshop and will get started soon.

In no particular order:
  • DONE: MaxxAir vent covers for the living room and bathroom vents.
  • DONE: Costco 3" memory foam mattress toppers. Wonderful!
  • Seal and insulate the dash, engine compartment, and doghouse!
  • Add weights to the mudflaps to stop the right-side flap melting where it strikes the tailpipe.
  • Sewer hose storage. I hate having the hoses in the basement, even though they are in a sealed Rubbermaid container.
  • Battery watering system for house (2) and chassis batteries.
  • Driver and passenger side sun visors.
  • Built-in, whole-house water filter.
  • Black and gray water tank flushers.
  • Some kind of fixed reels for power cords and city-water hose. The after-market stuff is really expensive. I don't need motorized windup but would like some solution that minimizes the storage space needed and makes 'em easy to wind up.
  • LED replacements for all basement and external marker lights.
  • Replace the MaxxAir no-brand fan in the bedroom with a Fantastic Fan w/remote. I'll probably move the MaxxAir to the living room.
  • Remove and replace the driver and passenger side-consoles. The cup-holders are too low and too far forward to reach while belted in. DW wants dual cup holders, one for the glass, the other for the diet-Pepsi bottle. I'll add a 12-volt USB charging station, iPhone space, and magazine rack on the passenger side. I'll probably upgrade the front speakers while I'm at it. I haven't decided whether the new units will be upholstered or cabinet-grade natural cherry.
  • Solar. Not looking for long-term off the grid boondocking, but at least enough to keep the house batteries topped-up.
  • Upgrade the converter to a Progressive Dynamics unit or perhaps an inverter.
  • Add a 2-gallon accumulator to the freshwater system. Allows a couple of flushes without having to turn on the pump in the middle of the night.
  • Would love to upgrade the captain's chairs. It's on the list, but will probably be a few years.
  • Residential refrigerator. A maybe, and definitely long-term.
  • Replace the sofa with a couple of recliners. DW's not there yet on this one!
  • Replace the microwave with a convection/microwave combo.

Regards,

Randy

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum